1. William Congreve was born in 1670 in England and died in 1729 in England.
2. He wrote some of the most popular English plays of the Restoration period of the late 17th century.
3. William Congreve ছিলেন এ যুগের একজন বিখ্যাত্ত নাট্যকার।
4. তার রচিত The Way of the World কে শ্রেষ্ঠ নাটক (Masterpiece) হিসেবে বিবেচনা করা হয়।
5. He was a friend of Jonathan Swift.
6. Congreve never married in his own era and subsequent generation.
7. The Way of the World নাটকের প্রধান চরিত্রগুলো হলো Mirabell, Milament, Fainall, Lady Wishford. The Way of the World নাটকটি হলো comedy of manners টাইপের। [কাহিনী রচনায়, চরিত্র-চিত্রণে, রসরসিকতায় বুদ্ধি প্রখর বাকচাতুর্যে, ব্যঙ্গের সুনিপুণ প্রয়োগে এবং মার্জিত রুচির উপস্থাপনায় “ওয়ে অব দি ওয়ার্ল্ড” নাটকটি- ত্রুটিহীন রচনা।
1.The Way of the World (দি ওয়ে অব দি ওয়ার্ল্ড) (১৭০০).
2. Love for Love, (লাভ ফর লাভ) (১৬৯৫).
3. The Old Bachelor, (দি ওল্ড ব্যাচেলর) (১৬৯৩).
4. The Double-Dealer (দি ডাবল ডিলার) (১৬৩৯).
5. The Mourning Bride, (দি মর্নিং ব্রাইড) (১৬৯৭).
William Congreve was born in 1670 in England and died in 1729 in England. He wrote some of the most popular English plays of the Restoration period of the date 17th century. He was a friend of Jonathan Swift. Congreve never married in his own era and subsequent generation.
The Way of the World: Story in Brief (দুনিয়াটা এভাবেই চলেঃ গল্প সংক্ষেপ)
Mirabell is infatuated with Mrs. Millamant. Yet he continues his illicit relation with Mrs. Fainall. He pretends to love Lady Wishfort. But Lady knows that Mirabell is pretending to be her lover. So in order ot take revenge upon Mirabell, she manages a match between Millamant and Sir Rowland. She wants to do it because Rowland is the impersonated uncle of Mirabell. Then she herself falls in love with Sir Rowland. By marrying him, she wants to disinherit Mirabell. She thinks of another match for Millamant with Sir Willful Witwould. But her infatuation with Sir Rowland is remarkable. She suffers from the greensickness of second childhood. She behaves like a girl of eighteen.
Mr. Fainall threatens Lady Wishfort to surrender all her property to his name. He demands the fortune of Millamont and his wife too. Mrs. Marwood helps him in this respect. Mirabell rescues Lady Wishfort with all her fortune on only condition that she will agree to manage a match between Mirabell and Millamant.
The first daily in English language is- ‘The Daily Courant’. It was published on 11 March 1702. It was produced by Elizabeth Mallet at her premises. Elizabeth Mallet was a printer and book seller. The newspapers consisted of a single page with advertisement on the reverse side. Mallet advertised that she intended to publish only foreign news and would not add any comments of her own.